Hi and welcome to Inside Perspectives.
This site is an attempt to analyse and give some inside perspectives on some of the most common differences, difficulties, reactions, talents and idiosyncrasies in “Aspies” (people with Asperger Syndrome), autism spectrum and related Neurodiversity differences and conditions such as ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Scotopic Sensitivity, Synesthesia, OCD, Tourette, SPD, and HSP.
I consider most Autism Spectrum differences to be natural neurological or personality type variations, explainable by any combination of the following:
- Personality type and neurological structure geared towards specialisation or creativity rather than towards generalisation and socialising.
- Quicker-than-average intellectual or creative development, sometimes in combination with slower-than-average social/emotional development.
- Atypical learning style or brain hemisphere dominance.
- Tendency to trance or space out.
- Androgyny or different brain gender than body gender.
- Differences in energy level.
- Food intolerances, allergies, or other hypersensitvities.
- In some cases neurological impairments or brain differences.
Thanks to all the wonderful people – too many to list – who have contributed with quotes, inspiration and information.
This is not a blog even though a blog host was used to create it, it’s a website with fixed pages. And I now rarely have time to answer questions or update links, sorry about that.
The information here is based on a combination of personal experience and accounts from hundreds of neurodiversity people whom I’ve gotten to know over the Internet and/or in real life. However, they are still generalisations or unique experiences and may not be applicable to everyone with a similar diagnosis.
Also note that I am not a medical professional and that the views presented here are just my own personal opinions. Always consult your primary health care professional and use your own discrimination before following any suggested advice.